Readers might be interested in an article by Dr Ade Adeagbo, Chairman of the Non Executive Directors Network at the NHS Alliance, which provides a viewpoint on GP Commissioning Consortia (GPCC).
“There is a need for good governance” says Dr Adeagbo. Accordingly, the NED Network argues that the governance of GPCC should:
- Have Directors or Non Executives, who are competent, committed and skilled individuals, and
- Must reflect and have representations from:
- Local citizens identified by interest, to ensure that local views are proactively and routinely fed into the system
- Local voluntary agencies and third sector organizations
- An elected member from the Local Authority and/or a senior officer from the Local Authority
- Local LINks (subsequently Local Health Watch)
- Director of Public Health or representation from this function
- A local pharmacist
- Patients and/or carers
- Allied Health practitioners
Read Dr Adeagbo’s article here.