Healthcare Events are running their “6th National Conference” on NHS boards at the Cavendish Conference Centre, London on 14 September 2010.
This one day conference chaired by Andrew Corbett-Nolan Director The Good Governance Institute and Fellow Open University Business School will focus on the two broad themes of governance for quality and the delivery of productivity and efficiency through process. Following the Francis report of the Mid Staffs Inquiry. The conference will provide NHS Boards with the information they need to review their standards and governance systems. This will enable them to act on their responsibilities around the development of early warning systems and help them to understand the Board’s role in shaping a positive organisational culture. The conference also provides a chance to learn the lessons from year one of Quality Accounts and Care Quality Commission registration, and an opportunity to examine the currently developing new frameworks around governance.
- The Healthy NHS Board – Understanding and applying the principles of good governance
- Meeting the Quality, Innovation, Productivity and Prevention Challenge
- Learning lessons from the first year of Care Quality Commission registration and Quality Accounts
- Disinvestment – Making difficult decisions to free up resources
- Quality Governance – Developing the structures and processes that allow Boards to lead on trust-wide quality performance
- Developing effective Early Warning Systems
- The role of the Board in shaping a positive organisational culture
- Delivering effective governance between organisations
- Maximising the effectiveness of NHS Non-Executive Directors
Keynote speakers include:
- Elisabeth Buggins Chair NHS West Midlands and Board Development Lead National Leadership Council
- Stephen Thornton Chief Executive The Health Foundation and Deputy Chair Monitor
- Edward Donald Chief Executive Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust
- Irene Gray Chief Operating Officer University Hospitals of Bristol NHS Foundation Trust
Download a copy of the conference brochure here.